Glacier National Park Montana
One of the Most Beautiful Places on Earth
Glacier National Park in Montana - just filled with snow-capped, glacier-carved mountains, turquoise-colored mountain lakes, cascading waterfalls, dense and lush evergreen forests with abundant wildlife running around.
Glacier Park is so beautiful, it is almost beyond words!
When you visit Glacier National Park Montana, be prepared for breath-taking scenery in a world of unspoiled beauty.
Many different adventures await you in Glacier Park, depending on your interests and abilities:
- You will find a hiker’s paradise with more than 700 miles of Glacier National Park hiking trails.
- Canoeing and kayaking on pristine mountain lakes is an experience you won’t want to miss. The peace and quiet, plus the serene beauty is something you will always remember.
- Glacier National Park camping is a memory you will treasure forever. The campgrounds are gorgeous and well-maintained. They are also family-oriented.
- Glacier National Park fly fishing is known world-wide, both on the easily accessible lakes, as well as the backcountry lakes. There is nothing like a freshly-caught trout for dinner.
- You can enjoy campfire talks by members of the Blackfeet, Salish and Kootenai Indian tribes and learn about their sacred landscapes, as well as their native cultures. These talks are something special and the schedules can be found at the ranger stations.
- Glacier National Park ranger activities are offered throughout the summer. You can participate in boat tours, guided day hikes, slide presentations and Junior Ranger activities.
- We recommend that you take a day to travel on the Going-to-the-Sun Road - the only road transecting Glacier Park. It is 52 miles of breath-taking, white-knuckled experience. Take your time, stop at all the turn outs and take lots of pictures. If you don’t care to drive yourself, there is a red bus tour available.
Glacier Park vacations will live in your memories your whole life and you will be excited to tell others about it. It could very well be the best vacation you have ever taken!
Go to Montana Camping Guide home from Glacier National Park Montana